Preparing Your Electricity for Summer
Chances are that you use electricity often in your home. Every time you plug in your phone, turn on a light, or switch on your TV, you’re using your electricity. During the summer, your use increases. Fans and air conditioners that keep you cool can suck up their fair amount of electricity as well. Because you rely on electricity so heavily in your home, it’s important for you to make sure that your electrical features are working as well as they should be. Here are a few tips to keep your electricity working properly this summer.
Summer Electrical Safety Checklist
- Check your outlets and switches. take a look at these from room to room in your home. Do you see any cracks, damages, or burnt spots? If so, they should be replaced. If any of them are noticeably loose, tighten them. Because they are connected to wires in your wall, repairs should be done by a professional.
- Check your cords. Are there any exposed cords or wires in your home? Check for any cracks or frays. These signs of wear and tear can cause shocks or electrical fires in your home. If you have extension cords, try to only use them as needed.
- Check your smoke and CO detectors. These are essential safety features that every home or business needs to have! For business, commercial, and residential properties, it’s a must. Battery operated models are available, but fire professionals recommend that you have hardwired ones installed. This way, when one alarm goes off, the rest will too.
- Check your ceiling fans. These electrical features are often overlooked. most people don’t know that there’s a problem until they stop working altogether. You can test their power and clean the blades.
- Check your AC. Your air conditioner should be ready to keep you cool all summer long. Before it gets really hot outside, make sure that it’s working properly. If it needs repairs, now is the time to do it!
Why Choose Papalia?
When you choose Papalia for your electrical needs, you get:
- Experience With over 25 Years of Service, Papalia is ready to tackle any problem, big or small – we’ve seen it all!
- Safety First – Our technicians are certified and licensed to do the job and do it well. This includes prioritizing people first and getting you equipped with the tools and service you need to make and keep you as safe as possible.
- Punctual – We’ll show up when we say we will, and when it’s convenient for you. You won’t have to waste an entire day waiting on us.
- 24/7 Service – Our staff is on-call around the clock, so don’t let your electrical emergency keep you from calling us, no matter the hour.
- Residential and Commercial – If it’s your home or your business, we can handle the size of any job and supply the tools and equipment best suited to your needs.
Keep your electricity safe this summer – call Papalia to schedule your service today!