How Does a Ductless Heating & Cooling System Work In Burlington, MA?
The #1 Most Common Residential Water Heater Mistake – We all need hot water for cleaning and bathing but don’t usually stay up late worrying about our water heater leaking and causing damage to our home or belongings. Some of us do not have to worry about property damage because where our water heater is situated, like an old damp basement. Floodmaster Others could have their water heater close to a finished area with carpet or wood floors. It’s too late for preventative action when you are soaking up water on the floor and moving rugs, furniture and calling your insurance company. Don’t make the mistake of not using some kind of water alarm or automatic shut-off.
What if you’re Not Home When your Water Heater Reaches Retirement Age?
When your water heater fails due to end-of-life, you may suffer a water heater shutdown, a hot water heater leak or a flood. There could end up being a continuous flow of water from your cold-water intake through a hole in your water heater into your home or business. Failures of water heaters can cause from minimal to colossal damage to your home or business.
What Papalia wants to tell you About Water Heaters
- When you purchase a water heater, be prepared for the possibility that within 7-12 years, you will suffer a hot water heater leak or flood.
- If you’re not home when your hot water heater leaks, your main water incoming pipe will provide continuous water to the ongoing flood in your home.
- The result may be that your possessions or floors and ceilings end up damaged, perhaps beyond repair and your clean-up costs may exceed the value of any damaged possessions. The time you need to devote to the clean-up project may exceed your expectation. It can be an unfortunate circumstance.
How FloodMaster Flood Control Systems Work
FloodMaster’s automatic leak detection and alarm/shut-off systems protect property from extensive water damage in the event of hot water heater leak, water tank or washing machine failure – even if no one is home when the leak occurs.
FloodMaster’s alarm box sounds an audible alarm when sensor pucks placed in the area of potential leaks come in contact with water or other conductive liquids. Beyond the audible alarm, FloodMaster offers two levels of additional protection. Our appliance leak detection and shut-off systems automatically turn off the feed water supply to your water heater, water tank, washing machine or other appliance when a leak is detected best project management app. Total water main leak detection and shut-off systems turn off the water supply to the entire building or facility plumbing section.
- All systems are reusable! When the source of a leak is determined and the problem is resolved, simply reset the FloodMaster system for continued protection.
- Systems are available with wired sensor pucks for localized applications or wireless sensor pucks for leak detection and protection across multiple floors or living levels.
- FloodMaster systems can be integrated into home security systems and control room panels.
Quick Facts from FloodMaster
- Water heater failures are one of the top 5 sources of residential water losses.
- 69% of all water heater failures result from a slow leak or a sudden burst.
- Water heater failures cost an average of $4,444 per incident AFTER the deductible was paid.
- Supply line failure was the cause in only 10% of claims, but these claims typically were 60% higher than those caused by leaking or bursting.
- Failures of water heaters located on the first floor resulted in 33% greater losses than those resulting from water heaters in basements.
- Approximately 9% of all water heater failures occurred in unoccupied homes and resulted in 49% higher claims.
- The FloodMaster valve is re-usable and be used again, another reason the FloodMaster is a good investment.