The snow is melting and Spring is on its way! Flowers are blooming, birds are chirping, and the sun is shining. Amidst all of this excitement, there are things you need to do around your home in order to prepare. Your plumbing is one of the most important systems working in your home so you need to be sure that things run smoothly year round. Spring can wreak havoc on your plumbing, so it’s important to give it the TLC that it needs! One way that you can get your plumbing ready for spring is with professional drain cleaning.
When April showers come, added water can affect the ground and your plumbing. During this time, your plumbing may be giving you hints that something isn’t quite right. Here are some of the major signs that you need drain clearing:
- Foul odor. Your drains should never smell. A bad smell is a sign of a bad clog forming in the drain system. Since the clog captures more and more organic waste, that waste will simply sit and rot. Sometimes it attracts pests that gather around the drains in the kitchen and bathrooms – yuck!
- Slow drainage. If you notice that your bathroom or kitchen drains keep getting slower and slower, then there’s a problem somewhere. It could be a simple, superficial clog, but it could also be something more serious. Tree roots are constantly looking for their food source: water.In their search, it’s not uncommon for them to break into a pipe of yours. It could also be a damaged drain that has caved in due to shifting ground or some other cause.
- Your toilet won’t go down. If your toilet won’t drain and plunging doesn’t help, then you probably have a clog further in the sewer line. In order to maintain sanitary bathroom conditions and keep up with your daily routines, you should have a professional locate the problem immediately.
- Strange noises. When clogs build up and water is slow to drain, it can create gurgling and bubbling noises. It can also be a signal of a crack or leak somewhere in your system.
- Standing water. If you have a serious clog, then the water from the drain system will eventually back up. You’ll first notice it in the shower and bath since those drains are closest to the floor. If the problem gets worse, you’ll notice it in the sinks and your toilet as well. If water is left to build up, you may face potential water damage or mold contamination.
How Papalia Can Help
At Papalia Plumbing and Heating, we offer a wide range of cleaning and clearing services to help prepare your plumbing for Spring. These services are:
- Emergency drain cleaning
- Regular drain maintenance
- Hydro Jetting
- Drain unclogging
- Drain camera inspection
Don’t wait until its too late – at the first sign of an issue with your drains, call Papalia Plumbing!