Ways that a Whole Home Humidification can Benefit You
Benefits of Whole House Humidifiers
Both winter cold and summer heat can dry out your home. A humidifier works by bringing some of that lost moisture back into the air. A humidifier is not just beneficial because it helps your home feel more comfortable, it can also save you money. Here’s why you should have one.
- It reduces the spread of airborne viruses. Adding a humidifier to your home may help to reduce the spread of most airborne viruses, ensuring a healthier season. Moisture can prevent the movement of germs as they combine with the moisture, becoming too heavy and drop.
- You’ll sleep better. Removing the dryness in the air can also help the quality of your sleep. A humidifier can add enough moisture into the air to soothe the tissues at the back of your throat, making for more comfortable sleep and cutting down on any snoring.
- No more dry skin. Dry air during the holiday season makes for chapped lips, bloodshot eyes, and miserable dry skin. Your body relies on a certain amount of water to feel good, meaning it’s hard to function well when you’re dehydrated. A humidifier helps to prevent your skin from drying out. It’s especially beneficial for people with eczema and psoriasis.
- It’s easier to feel warm. A humidified room will feel warmer than a dry room because there’s enough moisture in the air; it takes longer for sweat to evaporate. Including a humidifier to your list of appliances may help cut down on costs, as it can reduce the use of your furnace.
- It can help relieve allergy symptoms. Besides helping you sleep better at night, a humidifier may also help to relieve your allergy symptoms. Adding enough moisture in the air can help soothe your throat and nasal passages, preventing them from getting irritated which can result in coughing and sneezing.
- Fewer chances of static electricity. Static electricity can be a painful nuisance, and it’s often worse during the dry winter season. A humidifier spares you the pain and frustration that comes from frequent static shocks. It can also prevent damage done to sensitive electronics and even potential fire hazards.
- Your wood furnishings are protected. Dry air isn’t just damaging to your health and skin, but your wooden furniture as well. Over time, the dryness in the air can create cracks in your wooden furniture, loosen joints in the floor, and shift the size in your doors. A humidifier helps to preserve the integrity of your wooden furnishings, ensuring they stay well maintained.
- Your household plants will be happy. Houseplants, which can filter out toxins in the air, are a nice addition to any home, but they will suffer in a dry environment. Keeping your home at a comfortable humidity with a humidifier not only keeps you comfortable and happy but your plants as well!
Staying comfortable and protecting your house and plumbing shouldn’t come at the cost of your health and comfort, and luckily they don’t have to. A humidifier ensures your home has a healthy amount of humidity, keeping germs and viruses at bay and your skin moisturized. If you’ve had enough of dealing with irritated allergies and itchy skin, then it’s time to add a humidifier to your home. Call Papalia Plumbing and Heating today!